Below are some .avi movies to illustrate my models of relativistic plasma
ejections in the jet of microquasar GRS 1915+105. They show the progress
of the electron plasma along the jet both in logarithmic and linear
co-ordinates, as well as the broadband spectrum emitted by the jet (from
radio to near-infrared), and the predicted light curve of the
radio (of three frequencies) emission. The
time-scale is defined by t_max = 350 s.|
1) Discrete ejection - discrete1.avi (1.4 Mb)
2) Discrete ejection with a Gaussian profile to the injection profile - buildup1.avi (1.7 Mb)
3) Continuous jet with a discrete increase in plasma injection - continuous1.avi (1.4 Mb)
4) Continuous jet with a superimposed discrete increase in plasma injection - continuous3.avi (0.9 Mb)
The following movies display the right-hand side jet diagram in terms of the emitted radio flux, as opposed to electron density.
5) Discrete ejection with a Gaussian profile to the injection profile - buildup_radio1.avi (1.6 Mb)
6) Continuous jet in outburst - continuous_radio1.avi (1.3 Mb)
These movies were made with the help of Fast Movie Processor, PGPLOT, and the Intel C++ Compiler.