Next: Image Descriptors
Previous: Data Products from Basic
WFCAM data will come with the following DQC measures that will
greatly enhance the usefulness of data products for the end user if available:
Individual frames will have the above information written into their
headers; quick-look summit pipeline will then derive further DQC
measures and insert into headers:
- Night-time observing conditions/weather
- Instrument status values: detectors/filters/controllers OK
All processing done by the UK-side pipeline will record progress in image
FITS headers and derive further DQC measures.
- sky brightness - saturated? Too bright? No signal?
- sky noise - detectors OK? Pattern noise?
- average stellar ellipticity - trailed images?
- average seeing measure
- stellar aperture correction - weird PSF?
- no. of spurious images - corrupted data?
- astrometric errors - wrong RA, Dec?
- throughput from rough photometric calibration